Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Home Again + Jersey Dresses

(Us, in all our wind-blown glory.)
We had such a sweet trip, full of palm trees, walks in Old Key West, and dinners on the beach. And I finally got my hands on a WaveRunner. It did not disappoint. 
But I'm glad to be home even if it's the rainiest weather we've had in DC for awhile, and the temperature is about 30 degrees lower than it was in Florida. Seeing Vi after 4 days of no blond-haired baby was the best. Today, I've got the Dan in Real Life soundtrack playing in the background while I catch up on home stuff. I've started to think about Vi's costume for Halloween (anyone else love Halloween?), and visions of turkey and twinkle lights are dancing in my head as I look towards the holidays and the end of the year. I'm glad to live in a state where the seasons change.
As you can see in the pic above, I kept my wardrobe for the trip really classy in a cut-off jean shorts kind of way. Actually, that was the only day I ended up pulling out the shorts -- most of the time, I wore one of the two black jersey dresses I brought: one short, one maxi. Up until recently, I was a classic over-packer, and only ended up wearing about half of what I brought. Having the 2 dresses really simplified things, and they carried me through the whole weekend. I easily dressed them up for dinner, or dressed them down as a beach cover ups.
If you're looking for just a cheap, basic jersey dress or skirt (maxi or knee-length), I recommend places like Target, PacSun, or Old Navy -- they've got about every fit and cut you could hope for. It is the end of the season, so no promises on inventory. But if you don't have one of these babies... shell out the cash. You won't be sorry. They'll carry you through every season, dressed up or down (especially if you go for a dress in a basic color with short or no sleeves). They don't wrinkle when packed, and they're just plain comfy.
jersey
(click through for specific links)
In the same vein, tomorrow I'll be answering a question about how to wear jersey maxi skirts... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment