Monday, June 4, 2012

People Watching: On the Pike

I was walking home from the bank when I passed a group of kids who were obviously in town for some swanky school function - why else would 15 year old guys be wearing polo shirts and blazers on a 90 degree day? Amongst the guys in blazers was a girl wearing this dress:


I was... confused? Speechless? Amused? Slightly terrified?

The tack-on collar is a trend that isn't going away (apparently it'll be around this fall in full force). And I respect people who can pull off the buttoned-to-the-top look, although it's not my favorite. But this kind of thing... on a dress... with a button placket? Oh, Forever 21... Just because you can doesn't mean you should... But then there's something about this dress that does strike me as adventurous and unique...

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment