Friday, June 14, 2013

Moving On...

via Pinterest

So, I didn't want to start a blog only to watch it slowly but surely descend to the depths of that wishy-washy "I might post every once in awhile when I feel like it" kind of deal. We all know that's where blogs go to die, whether it's acknowledged or not. So now, I'm trying to do you a favor. Kind of like in old animal movies where it's best for the wild but adopted pet to go back into the wild, and the sobbing child owner has to act like it hates the animal's guts to get it to leave?

"Go ON! Get outta here!! I don't want you anymore!! The ranger's gonna get you if you stay!!"

This blog was an experiment of sorts, to test my interests, and see whether this was something I wanted to maintain, as well as explore what it could evolve into and become. It's not a failed experiment in the slightest. I've been pleasantly surprised and extremely supported by the amount of kind feedback and input I've gotten from you for almost a year now! The questions kept me going and challenged me to keep learning and for that I'm so grateful.

But here's the thing. A lot of what I've been writing about is being covered all over the fashion blog corner of the interwebs right now, and I've never wanted this blog to be about adding to the noise. And while my blogging voice is and has remained my own, my stylist skills are still very basic. Because of that, I think it'd be better for me to stop talking and keep learning at this point, until I have something to offer that's not readily accessible elsewhere. But I need to be able to learn at my own pace at this point, without the pressure of maintaining a blog about it.

So, The Twenty Ninth's exploratory fashion era is being put to sleep, for now. I can't thank you all enough for keeping me inspired and keeping my post queue full of drafts.

Who knows what reincarnation this blog will go through next? Until then, here's to all of you!

Now go on! Get outta here!

2 comments:

  1. bittersweet post to read! i'm sad for myself that you're "shooing" the blog out, but glad for you to stay true to the original/ultimate purpose of the blog - to have a creative outlet where you could explore what interests you.

    this has been my favorite blog to see posts on, so i'll miss it!! i'll just need to swing by to get your fashion thoughts in person! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Twenty Ninth, we will miss you. Respect for the whole writer's integrity thing. You're a boss.

    ReplyDelete