Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Black On Black With Black

Kati asked, "Some of my coworkers wear black dresses/skirts, with black hose and black flats. What do you think of this look?"

Answer: I like it, especially for the colder months. (But I personally wouldn't want to wear it every day... I love other colors, variety, and blue jeans too much.) Whenever I see or hear about a black with black outfit, I immediately think of New York. All-black ensembles are the classic New Yorker's uniform, especially in the fall/winter. Since black is always classy and chic, when it comes to clean cut office wear in that color, you're pretty much guaranteed to look professional and put together.
Another perk of wearing all black is that it's lengthening and slimming. Especially if you pair black stockings (or black pants) with black shoes, you'll look taller: the uniform color creates a long, clean silhouette. (Side note: the same goes for nude-colored shoes... if you want to look taller, pair nude flats, wedges, or heels with a similar color hose or your bare skin. The "rule" for wearing nude-colored shoes is that the tone of the shoes should match your skin tone, or be a shade lighter than your skin tone.) It's a win-win.

Since I've only gotten over my fear of wearing black in the past two years or so, I'm feeling liberated and plan to try all kinds of black ensembles this fall/winter. I'd love to see pins of your favorite all-black outfits!

1 comment:

  1. I love this look. Need to stock up on black pants and tights.

    ReplyDelete