Friday, September 7, 2012

People Watching: Ballston Crosswalk

Taking a break from Girl Friday, since we started up our new September feature this week. Don't worry, it'll be back next Friday!

 *   *   *   *   * 

I always try to take advantage of sitting at red lights by using the time to people watch. Especially in the downtown areas of Arlington and DC -- it's a treasure trove of fun outfits. Although it annoys me when all I see are joggers in their Under Armour or neon workout gear... I feel like they're wasting my time. Hahaha.

On Tuesday, as I sat at a light in Ballston, I happened to catch a glimpse of a girl wearing something like this:
 Ballston
I loved that she used a simple palette, but kept it interesting by matching stripes with a little bit of tribal print. Since the print was on her sandals, it added an element of surprise and personality to what looked like a pretty normal outfit. It's that attention to seemingly small details that made the outfit uniquely hers.

Go and do likewise.

4 comments:

  1. I love those sandals! I've tried them on probably every time I've gone to Target this summer. Never would have thought to pair them with red pants though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too! The girl wasn't wearing these sandals, but they're a good representation. And these are actually the AE ones, but yeah, I saw Target had the exact same ones for cheaper!!

      Delete
  2. random, but any tips for keeping a loose, fun top (like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROXY-BLACK-TIGER-SURF-COMPANY-BOXY-TEE-SHIRT-/220950120838#ht_500wt_923) from looking like a floppy pajama top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good question! I'll answer this in a post soon!

      Delete