Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Four Times a Year

(Quote by Lauren Hutton, featured in J.Crew last year)
Fall is upon us, but NY Fashion Week is in full swing, parading all the trends (good & bad) we'll be seeing in Spring 2013. That's one exhausting thing about the fashion industry... they're not very good at letting each season have its day, unless that day is 6 months ahead of time.

In any case, every season it's the same -- we have tons of options presented to us on the racks at our favorite stores & in our sisters' closets (ahem, Libby)... but only you get to determine what your style is going to be. Don't be a mannequin, be a little (or a lot) picky!

In case you're interested, here are the top reasons I pick and wear what I do, in order of importance to me:
  1. It makes me feel like myself: Meaning I can wear it comfortably, whether it's a sweatshirt or a silk dress, and it works with my overall style.
  2. I love the color, pattern, texture, or details: Sometimes it's as easy as, "Oooh pretty."
  3. It fits in well with the other things in my closet: I'm all about building a wardrobe that can be mixed and matched from season to season, year after year... with a few surprises thrown in.
  4. Because it's comfortable: I hate tugging things up and down, feeling like my pants are going to split, or dealing with abrasive fabric.
Why do you pick what you do out of the fashion that's offered to you? (That sounded like a question written by Dr. Seuss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment