Friday, August 3, 2012

People Watching: In Georgetown


This is my sister, Libby - she sent me this pic of what she wore on her one-year anniversary date with her boyfriend because she knows I love seeing what she comes up with. My sisters and I all have our own very different styles, but we all love to draw inspiration from each other and compare notes. I'm hoping to feature them from time to time on the blog because they have awesome ideas, and while we might not all agree on everything, if someone owns their look, to me it becomes more about the art of it and less about whether I'd wear it or not.

What I loved about Lib's outfit here is that the details she chose really help to make it hers. Not many people I know could pull off a camo dress and make it look classy. The way she used the belt to tie the ruggedness of the dress to the silver of her shoes and jewelry makes the whole thing work.

For those who are curious:
  • Dress was thrifted (found at Tina's - a name I can't say without seeing Napoleon Dynamite fling tuna casserole at a llama)
  • Belt used to be mine (came with a denim skirt years ago)
  • Shoes are from Payless, bought for my sister Erin's wedding last year
  • Necklace, from Lib's boyfriend Matt. He's a keeper.
  • Cow, property of Ben & Jerry's in Georgetown.
  • Also, Taylor Swift is jealous of Libby's hair.

2 comments:

  1. You never make ME a topic for your fashion blog..."Tight T-Shirts and How to Wear Them"..."Are His Pecs Really That Big? (Yes.)"..."When Never to Show Your Calves: Five Great Tips!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMEone's high on Percoset. Haha. Poor Mr. Wisdom Teeth.

      Delete