Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's Good To Be Curious, About Many Things.

Goooood morning! Here's kind of weird post for today... Brace yourselves. Or maybe just your eyes.

I can't say I'd ever seen anything like this dress (?) before I tried it on for kicks at The Mustard Seed on Saturday. It intrigued me, to say the least.
The material is terracotta-colored canvas, there's a hidden zipper that goes 3/4ths down the front of the dress, plus a southwestern bib and a huge buckle belt, reminiscent of a trench coat gone Arizona-retro. I originally thought it was a jacket, but as I pulled it on it became clear that it was truly in a class of its own. My shoes coincidentally happened to match... I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

I think Zooey Deschanel probably could have rocked it... me, not so much. But it was kind of fun to try on something bizarre and different than I'd normally pick out. That's the nice thing about dressing rooms -- you can go wild because only you will ever know what you looked like in something. It's a safe space.

Unless you post the picture on your blog for everyone to see.

Ever seen anything like this?

(PS: The title of this post is in reference to this viral video, which, if you haven't seen, is worth a see.)

4 comments:

  1. This was totally worn by our mothers back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should go back through my mom's old pics and find some outfits :D

      Delete
  2. This dress plays both kinds of music... country and western!

    ReplyDelete