Friday, August 17, 2012

Girl Friday: Jackie

I'm very excited. Today's the day I share my first interview!

The plan is for this to be a regular feature on the blog: I'm going to interview my stylish friends and family and introduce them to you for your inspiration and enjoyment. Cool deal? (If you'd like to nominate someone for an interview, email me!)

Without further ado... meet Jackie!


You don't have to know Jackie for very long before you discover that she has a deep love for boots. Also, that she's friendly and sweet. What I love about Jackie's style is that you can tell she stays true to herself and what she likes, but at the same time she takes risks and fearlessly wears and pairs fun colors together in unexpected ways.

The Twenty Ninth: Describe your style in a few words or a phrase:  
Jackie: Colorful; classic for the tall girl who loves heels and likes a splash of sass ;-)

TN: How has your style evolved over the years? 
J: I have always wanted to push my comfort level or try something different. There are styles I learned to love (i.e. leggings, skinny jeans, belts) that I might not have thought would work for my body type or style. So it has evolved by trying more looks... and working hard to stay the same weight :)

TN: Who are your style influences? 
J: I love to stalk fashion blogs (i.e. The Daybook, Until Tomorrow, Atlantic-Pacific) and then seek to incorporate the more abstract high fashion styles into my own daily life.

TN: Where's your favorite place to shop?  
J: Gap, Old Navy, J. Crew -- they are not "high end" but they are stores you can the classics and trends for reasonable prices... plus I know my sizes there -- no trying on required! :) Guilty pleasure is Anthropologie but only with gift certificates and from the Sale section! For my boots and heels, DSW, Off Broadway, and Bass (who has the BEST, B-E-S-T boot sale after Thanksgiving...)

TN: How do you pick out an outfit? 
J: I tend to build an outfit around a specific piece of clothing I want to wear and make everything fit to that (i.e. red heels today, so I picked cropped tuxedo pants and a white top so that the reds are the show stopper).

TN: What's your favorite thing in your closet to wear and why?  
J: BOOTS! Always and forever BOOTS! :) My dad once tried to "shame" me by asking how many pairs I owned... He stopped listening after I listed my tenth pair... Boots can make casual outfits look pulled together and purposeful while being comfortable -- I can wear boots all day and night long no problem; that keeps an outfit the way I want from the start to the finish of the day. Boots can make a statement or compliment an outfit -- they can play a main or supporting role to an outfit.

TN: Any shopping tips or fashion advice you'd like to share? 
J: Always shop on the off season! I will get a few items during the season -- those are more trendy items or replacing the faithfully worn items. Everything else? Outlet shopping during the off season and before/after the holidays -- that is when you get the steals! Like a winter coat for $9 at Forever 21! Or red jacket for $10 at Old Navy! I don't skimp on the price of shoes though! You need quality if you want to be able to walk more than 20 feet!
Jackie, thanks again for being my first interviewee! If anyone has more questions for Jackie about her style, feel free to leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment