Friday, February 15, 2013

Girl Friday: Heather

Meet Heather!
Heather was nominated for a Girl Friday interview by her sister-in-law, Kristen... One look at the outfit photos she sent and I understood why Kristen passed along her name -- this girl's got style! I hope you enjoy getting to know her as much as I did, via her answers, haha.

*   *   *   *   *
The Twenty Ninth: Tell us a little bit about what you're currently doing.
Heather: I stay home with my 7 month old little girl, and squeeze in my hobbies where I can (running & fitness, home projects, and my design blog RestlessOasis).
TN: Describe your style in a few words or a phrase:
A: Casual cool, classic. 
TN: How has your style evolved over the years?
A: I was what I like to call "a late bloomer." I don't think I gave things too much thought until I started dating my husband (to be fair, I was a broke college student!). Now it's a fun creative outlet for me.

TN: Any fun/embarrassing clothing mishaps or stories you want to share?
A: Thankfully no recent clothing mishaps, but a couple years ago I had Lasik eye surgery done. I had a wedding to go to the day after, and if you are familiar with the surgery you know that you can't wear any makeup for a couple weeks after. Being the blonde, fair-skinned girl that I am, I decided to have fun with red lipstick. I went to MAC and must have tried on a dozen shades before I settled on one color. Now I realize that I chose that color based on the build up of other colors on my lips, because it wasn't red at all. It was 80s hot pink, and I didn't put it on until I arrived at the wedding. Then I panicked and tried taking it off. The end result was smeared hot pink lips. It was a hot look.
TN: Who are your style influences?
A: My friends, and fashion bloggers (Damsel in Dior, Could I Have That, Andy Heart, Sincerely Jules, See Jane)
TN: Where's your favorite place to shop?
A: Zara, Madewell, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and Nordstrom.

TN: How do you pick out an outfit?
A: I think I go with my mood a lot of times. A lot of times, I start with an inspiration piece and go from there.
TN: Which part of your look have you experimented with recently?
A: Generally speaking, I've gradually become less "safe." When I have time I love experimenting with makeup and hair.
TN: What's your favorite thing in your closet to wear, and why?
A: I love shoes, because you can make an outfit from just a t-shirt and jeans. Jackets are another favorite because I love layering.

TN: Is there an article of clothing or type of shoes you wouldn't be caught dead in?
A: I'm learning to never say never... but currently I can't fathom wearing the wedge sneakers trend (why?). Also, being an army wife, but I would never wear camo anything.
TN: Do you have a favorite skincare or makeup product, or a favorite perfume?
A: I love Kiehl's eye cream. I may be a tired mom some days, but this keeps me from looking like it. It also lasts me six months.
TN: Any shopping tips or fashion advice you'd like to share?
A: Throw the rules out the window and have fun. Look at high fashion for inspiration and then find cheaper options. I think very carefully about each purchase, even if its a cheap shirt from Target... I would rather have fewer things in my closet and wear all of them than a closet stuffed with clothes that I don't like. Quality over quantity where possible! 

*   *   *   *   *

Thank you for interviewing, Heather!

Do you know someone who should be featured on The 29th? Interested in being interviewed yourself? Drop me a line: casey [at] thetwentyninth [dot] com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment