Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Home Styling: Corner Shelf

We've made a few subtle changes around Apartment 607: the new year and my anticipation of spring made me antsy (and apparently creative to some degree). I like to switch things up every couple of months... if I feel inspired, that is.

This is just a little shelf in one little corner, but I like the way it turned out:
Here's what's on display:
  • Photograph of a pair of traditional Japanese sandals, taken by my late grandmother.
  • Antique copy of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, a gift from David.
  • Little floral cup, also my late grandmother's. 
  • Coral from our last trip to Hawaii.
  • Blue candle box, given to us (along with the candle!) as a wedding gift from a friend. 
  • Framed "HOME" artwork that I threw together last year using paint chips & Scrabble letters (it's a little rough, but from far away, I like how it turned out).

Little corners filled with memories make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment