Monday, February 4, 2013

Winterize Your Maxi Dress

Hey hey, hope you all had a great weekend -- we spent ours putting the finishing touches on Violet & Bea's room, getting lots of reading done (I'm currently loving this book), and watching the Ravens beat San Francisco's rears last night with good friends.

Let's begin the week with a styling question, shall we?

My friend Erin asked:
"I was wondering how you would style a navy blue maxi dress (short sleeve) for winter? My office is relatively casual, so work appropriate/casual ideas would be much appreciated."
Maxi dresses are awesome because they're so versatile. Since they're long, when maxis are layered well, they can actually be a warm option for cold weather. (Plus you can throw on a pair of leggings or tights underneath, or even socks if you're wearing boots... no one will know!)

Here's how I'd winterize a maxi dress, with a nice casual work environment in mind:
Maxi Dress in Winter
Hope this helps. As always, feel free to leave comments if you're reading and have additional ideas!

6 comments:

  1. Does this apply to non-jersey style maxi dresses too? I have a rayon/cotton one that I've been thinking about trying to wear, but I think the material may be too light...thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. If it's cotton/rayon, I think it should work with these styles in colder weather, material-wise (although it might not be the warmest to wear, haha). So yeah, go for it, if you're comfortable with it!

      Delete
  2. Can I borrow the book when you're done? :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a library book, sadly - but you should be able to find it in MD! I think you'd like it.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love this post. I adore the maxi dress - is it summer yet?

    xo

    Shawn//LifeIsJustAParade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Shawn! I'm so glad you liked it :)

      Delete