Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Collage: The Human Torch DOES Use His Firepower to Light a Match

This card was for a fun-loving kid type.

I've found that the best way to start a collage is to sort through my box of scraps, match up colors and patterns, and then see if I can sift a story out of what I found. This one came easily: the bright colors easily divided into a sky and grass background, with the silly comic strip providing the focal point, humor, and interest. Because of the dialogue on the comic, I went back into my box and found a candle & flame, and the card's story was complete: the Human Torch's firepower has been ironically used to light the birthday candle.

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Dave once made me a Human Torch birthday card with the theme of lighting candles. Ah, memories. Great minds, you know...

    ReplyDelete