Thursday, December 6, 2012

People Watching: Christmas Shopping in Arlington

shopping
While out doing some Christmas shopping last week, I spotted a girl in something similar to the outfit above. I loved the contrast of the pretty, bright blue coat with the jean shorts, and she styled the shorter lace-up boots with socks -- a look I'd been a little skeptical of, but am now eager to try. The overall effect was artsy and cozy.

I think the holiday season is going to be prime outfit/people watching.

More on how to wear shorts with tights/leggings next week!

6 comments:

  1. A LOT of girls are doing the shorts/tights or leggings/socks thing here in England. Very Euro ;)

    Also, though, a lot of people wear tights as leggings or wear leggings when they really shouldn't here as well :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it! I actually really like the shorts w/ tights look (if it's done well, haha). Looking forward to discussing it more next week.

      You have to be our "tights are not leggings/leggings are not pants" ambassador to the UK!

      Delete
  2. I really like those colors together. Good look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. There's something so wintery but still cozy about them.

      Delete
  3. All a twitter to hear more about the tight, legging, shorts discussion!

    ReplyDelete