Friday, December 7, 2012

Company Christmas Party (aka, I Need Help)

(via Pinterest)

Make yourself some hot chocolate and maybe even lace it with something because we've made it to Friday. Here's hoping you've got fun plans for the weekend!

We're off to David's company Christmas party tonight (at the Corcoran Gallery of Art -- ooooh) so I'm trying to figure out what to wear. At 17 weeks pregnant, I'm in that awkward "well, she's put on a few" stage, so my cocktail party options are limited. Wish me luck: I'm currently planning to wear the olive green silk Banana Republic dress I found for cheap a few months ago (it's fairly forgiving). But it's a toss up on the shoes:

christmasparty

What do you think? Should I go for classic cocktail party with the wedges, or edgy urban with the booties? Help!

/// Edit: Although in the pic above the dress is styled with booties and socks, I have absolutely no intention of rocking grandpa socks to David's company Christmas party. I will not bring shame upon him. Like I did that one time on his birthday when I made him cupcakes to take into the office to share with everyone like he was in 3rd grade. (I kid. But I did think about it.)

11 comments:

  1. It depends on what you're doing with your hair and other accessories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend commented on twitter that if I go w/ the boots, I should keep the accessories minimal and classic, which I completely agree with.

      In terms of hair, I'm thinking I'll probably just wear it down...

      Delete
  2. if you think you would be comfortable with the booties, they have my vote! especially if you have a pair of socks that will complement the dress (if you're doing the same style as the featured picture).

    could be a fun away to distract from your belly if you're feeling self-conscious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome.

      But there is no way I'm wearing socks with the booties and that dress. I'm not that fashion forward... and the socks with heels/booties kind of makes me wince.

      Delete
  3. if you like the boots/dress combo after wearing them together, i would definitely go with the boots. i would go with tights, rather than socks, though - to lengthen the legs. jmo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There's no way I'm wearing socks with the booties and that dress. I'm not that fashion forward, haha.

      Thanks for the input!

      Delete
  4. I have no fashion advice. I'm simply jealous that you're at 17w and only in the "she's put on a few" stage! I'm 13w and look very pregnant! Lucky duck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANDREA!!! Congratulations!! So happy for you guys. Awesomesauce.

      And aw, haha... everyone is different with the showing! At least you can just embrace the fact that you're pregnant and don't have to try to camouflage it till your belly looks legit!

      Delete
  5. Hmm. I would vote for the wedges - they seem more "party at the Corcoran" to me... but I'm not fashionista! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, that's actually what I'm thinking at this point. I love the booties, but I do have to take my surroundings into consideration... :D

      Delete
  6. I think you'll look beautious. :)

    ReplyDelete