Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What to Wear With Rose Gold

Question from Kimberly: "I need some major help! I just recently purchased a pair of earrings and a cuff bracelet in pink/rose gold... Turns out I have no idea what clothes to wear with these items! White seems like the obvious choice, but that will get boring after one wear. I need more options."

Kimberly's new rose gold jewelry.
This one made me do some research! My first thought was that since it's technically "gold" it should be pretty neutral and go with anything... but, as Kimberly found, it turns out it takes a little more styling than she/I originally thought!

The verdict is that rose gold, given it's warm hue, pairs better with a warmer palette than a cool one. So think orangey-reds, olive green, browns, mustard yellows -- and stay away from blues and purples.

Rose Gold

Thanks for sending this question, Kimberly! I love learning about styling, so this was fun.

Have an item you're just not sure how to wear? Send me an email, or use the form on the sidebar to let me know what's up!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Casey! This was so helpful! And super exciting, since I have a lot of golds/olives/browns in my wardrobe. I can't wait to wear my new jewelry, now that I know what to wear it with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was putting this together and found out about the color palette, I kept thinking how perfect it was since you look great in all those colors! Glad it helped :D

      Delete
    2. Aw, thanks Casey! You flatter me. :)

      Delete