Monday, April 8, 2013

Pants That Work with Chambray

Good morning, readers! Hope your weekend was warm(ish) and wonderful! I just switched out all of my winter shoes with my sandals and summer flats, and let me tell you, it feels good.

Starting the week off with a question from my friend Jessica...
"I got this shirt and then when it arrived, I realized it looked weird with jeans... Now I'm trying to figure out what it might go best with so I can go buy some new pants. Suggestions?"
No problem! The nice thing about denim/chambray is that, like your favorite pair of jeans, it can really go with pretty much anything (even jeans, if you match it up right!). Try the following:

jeans
Colored Jeans: Jeans are available in every color of the rainbow these days -- go to town!

Patterned Pants: Because you're going neutral on top, you have permission to party on the bottom! Florals, tribal prints, stripes, polka dots -- it's all fair game.

Leather: Try a coated denim if you're not totally comfortable with the idea of leather pants/leggings.

Opposite-Shade Denim: Opt for a lighter or darker denim than your denim/chambray top, to provide contrast. For even more contrast, try distressed jeans. (Yes. Fashionable holes in the knees. Rough it up a little!)

Chinos, with caution: Unless you're going for a conservative school uniform type of vibe, I'd avoid classic khaki pants. You might be able to get away with skinny or boyfriend chinos in an olive green or gray (or an army fatigue print!), but I recommend staying away from tan pants. Something about that color scheme conjures up Olan Mills portraits from the 90's for me.

What are your favorite pants to pair denim & chambray with? Leave a comment and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment