Monday, April 22, 2013

People Watching: College Campus, Michigan

michigan


Over the weekend, I was in Michigan -- freezing, snowy Michigan -- visiting my brother Alex, who's at school up there and was directing his first play, Shakespeare's The Tempest. At the show on Saturday I spotted a girl walking in wearing this outfit, and I immediately knew I had to share it here!

Her cotton trousers were patterned & ombre, from a deep red at the top, down to a light blue around the ankles. (They looked like a really well done DIY, but based on some research, it looks like she got them at H&M.) To ward off the cold, she was wearing a cream, chunky knit sweater. The outfit was finished off with neutral snake skin flats and a big cognac crossbody bag. It was spring-meets-winter, college-meets-high fashion, Saturday-brunch-wonderful, and each piece worked together to create this artistic, unique, and comfortable look. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment