Friday, January 18, 2013

Currently Loving: January

I've got a number of Girl Friday interviews lined up for the next couple of weeks, but today, we're going to take a break for the January edition of Currently Loving!
Just a few things that are making the winter a little prettier and a little more colorful:
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: Despite the mouthful of a title (and the fact that I just typed "Just Bitten" like some Twi-hard), this is my favorite lip balm/stick/etc that I've found yet. I love that it goes on like a chapstick (no heavy lipstick feeling), the color stays on for a fairly good amount of time, and I can kiss David without leaving a Hollywood-starlet lipstick stain on his cheek. I currently have it in both "Honey" (shown above... a neutral pinkish-nude color) and "Cherish" (a fun, light & bright pink).
  • Crispy Black Bean Tacos, by Smitten Kitchen: We've made these tacos about 6 times in the past 2 months. They're that good. I made them for dinner one evening when we had friends over, and they loved them so much I had to get up halfway through dinner and cook up another batch (which, thanks to the simplicity of the recipe, took just a few minutes!). If you try them, you won't regret it! (Thanks to Becca for the recipe recommendation.)
  • Citron: Such a good color for gray days. It hints at spring while livening up winter wardrobes. Plus the brightness transitions into summer really well. I'm currently loving it on this sweater from Target, and on a new v-neck tee I picked up the other day.
  • Muk Luks Boot Socks, in Mint: A sweet Christmas gift from my sister-in-law, Marjorie. These socks are perfect for keeping feet warm while infusing a little March/April/May into an outfit, and will be cute with boots well into the spring, thanks to their fresh colors and feminine details. (Thanks, Marj!)
What are you loving this January? Share with the rest of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment