Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Miss My Flare Jeans & I Need Your Help


I have a bad case of clothes nostalgia... recently, I've been longing to wear my flare jeans again.

"So wear them, idiot!" (I know, I could, duh.)
(via Refined Style)
I made the switch to skinny jeans as my go-to jeans a few years ago, after I realized they worked well for my body type and style, were extremely comfy, and flattering. I haven't regretted the decision. But my fashionable denim roots began with flare-legged boyfriend jeans, and I've kept a pair or two from my past that I occasionally pull out and wear when I'm feeling it.

Mostly in the summer, mostly with a v-neck tee and flip flops. Because it's nostalgic and classic, for me at least. You know how the hems on flares get all ripped up and ragged after you've tracked them all over kingdom come? Yeah. Nothing beats pulling on jeans worn in by memories.

(via Frankie Hearts Fashion)
The thing is, I'm a little out of practice! I currently don't have any ideas for fresh and up-to-date ways to style flare-leg jeans. I mean, there are always the basics like I mentioned above, and that's cool. But if you have new/current favorite ways to wear your flares, can you let me in on the dealio? I want to wear my flares!

(PS: Check out my Twitter feed for some behind the scenes pics of the photoshoot I just styled for Bittersweet Creative! More on that soon!)

6 comments:

  1. I like the flare in retro with height without the platform ;-) i.e. a heel - I find that a narrow boot or pointy heel with a structured top (i.e. blazer) can set the flare off. Or the long cardigan set off the length with the heel of the shoes - slouchy chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for chiming in, Jackie! I like both those suggestions... especially the blazer w/ the flares!

      Delete
  2. i've been wanting to wear mine too! i was going to wear mine with my booties (cause they are a little long) and probably with a button down shirt. i like the classic look of just a white button down. not very out of the box, i know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the button down look too! Or with a simple lightweight blouse. Kind of takes it up a notch from the AE hoodies we wore in high school :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I thought I was the only one that has been looking longingly at the flares hanging in her closet! Skinny is great, but I feel the need to switch things up. I agree with the classic blouse and heels...AND the flip flops with fringed hems. Think I'll wear mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete