Friday, March 15, 2013

Girl Friday: Eleanore

Hey hey! A fun interview for you today... this is Eleanore:

I love Eleanore's eclectic style mix of tailored, indie-bohemian, and rocker. I've known her for years, and have been inspired by her fashion sense, her unconventional but artistic outfits, and her fearlessness when it comes to going a little edgy. You can tell this girl loves clothes!


*   *   *   *   *
The Twenty Ninth: Tell us a little bit about what you're currently doing.
Eleanore: Currently finishing up my bachelors degree at Johns Hopkins University. Still deciding on a med school for next year. Kickin' it with my dog... Yeah, I really don't have much more extra time for a real life.
TN: Describe your style in a few words or a phrase:
A: Menswear that’s often infused with western and Native American pieces. Occasionally I’ll go girly and incorporate lacy dresses and pastel colors. I like my style to be slightly androgynous.
TN: How has your style evolved over the years?
A: In the last few years I think my style has become much more personal and I've started to focus more on building a wardrobe with staple pieces I really love as opposed to changing it up every season and letting fashion trends dictate what I wear. My closet is also very much a collection of pieces that reflect my taste in other things I'm passionate about, like music and art. My favorite pieces are the ones that I have history with and I repeatedly go to year after year. 

TN: Any fun/embarrassing clothing mishaps or stories you want to share?
A: Because I love more over-sized tom-boyish things, one of my best shopping secrets is to shop in the men’s section at select stores (Gap, Target, J.crew). Often their sale section is better too. But I have definitely run into a few guys on campus wearing the same plaid button down or jacket. 
TN: Who are your style influences?
A: Hands down, Erin Wasson is my main style icon. She really embodies a woman who plays by her own rules when it comes to fashion but still maintains her femininity despite her often rough-looking getup. I also love pretty much everything Kate Bosworth and Miley Cyrus wear.
TN: Where's your favorite place to shop?
A: I’m a big online shopper simply because it is more convenient. I love Free People, ASOS, and  Urban Outfitters. Anytime I am up in NYC, I try to hit up as many vintage-urban consignment stores as I can. Some of my favorite pieces are secondhand.

TN: How do you pick out an outfit?
A: I usually start by picking one component of my outfit that I really want to wear and build the rest of the look around that. For every season I also have go-to outfits for those times when I can't decide.
TN: Which part of your look have you experimented with recently?
A: I have never been a big fan of animal prints, but this year Steve Madden came out with a pair of leopard print loafers that I can't stop wearing.
TN: What's your favorite thing in your closet to wear, and why?
A: Ankle boots always seem to be my shoe of choice; they are super comfortable and they work with both dresses and pants.

TN: Is there an article of clothing or type of shoes you wouldn't be caught dead in?
A: Anything with polka dots, anything neon, and absolutely no pearls.
TN: Do you have a favorite skincare or makeup product, or a favorite perfume?
A: I've been wearing Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume since high school. I can't get enough of that scent.
TN: Any shopping tips or fashion advice you'd like to share?
A: Spend the extra money and buy quality staples that are classic and timeless. I'm all for a good deal, but I just think there are some things that aren't worth skimping on. I bought my first pair of Frye boots this winter and not only are they the most comfortable things I have ever worn, they come with a two year warranty (regardless of where you buy them). If the soles need replacing or there are any major scuffs, Frye will restore them to an almost new condition free of charge.
*   *   *   *   *

Love it. Thanks, Eleanore!

Know someone who should be featured on The 29th? Interested in being interviewed yourself? Drop me a line: casey [at] thetwentyninth [dot] com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment