Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Styling Tips from the Experts

via Refinery 29
A few weeks ago, my fashion buddy Krystle sent me an article from Refinery 29 about fashion stylists in the San Francisco area. Along with inspiring stories about their small beginnings in the fashion world, a few of the stylists also divulged a few of their styling secrets. For those of us experimenting with and attempting to find our own sense of style, here's some advice:

I love this from Trina Papini: 
"When you think the outfit is done — add one more step. It can be a necklace, a vest, a slight roll of your hem, a buttoned-up collar, a vintage pin, or bright lip color. One small jump past your comfort level and voilĂ !"

And from Tienlyn Jacobson:
"Experiment! That’s how you figure out what you love and what you don’t. But also, listen to yourself. If you don’t feel comfortable in something, don’t force it. Style has a lot more to do with confidence in what you wear than the latest trends."

PS: For the curious... I had no idea that Refinery 29 existed when I named my blog five years ago. Originally started as a place for me to write about what was going on in our early married life, The Twenty Ninth refers to the date David and I got married -- April 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment