Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Collage: Thanks Much

A thank you card for a very special lady.

The customer this card is for is a little older and very sweet, so I wanted to make something unique, but tasteful and feminine. I had a lot of the pink & white floral you can see in the background, so I started with that as a base, and then layered on the burgundy/fuchsia polka dots. I'm really loving deep reds with blush pinks right now. To continue with the dot theme, and add some more delicate details (to balance the bold "much" and fuchsia), I added a smaller polka dot scrap, along with the circle mirror details.

To finish it off and provide some contrast (and pull in more black & white to carry the "much" through the whole collage), I added a piece of striped washi tape -- a nice foil to all the polka dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment