Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Currently Loving: November Edition

November is a favorite month of mine... Even though all the old poems have nothing nice to say about November (why must they focus on how dead and gray and horrible things are? Hurtful.) I always find lots of reasons to love it.
  • It's almost my birthday: Borderline narcissistic, I know, but growing up, I always loved Halloween because it started the countdown to my birthday (with the holidays following close behind). This year, my age will take me closer to 30 than 20: YIPE. To celebrate, we're going to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore -- one of my favorite places, since David proposed to me there on the day before my birthday almost 6 years ago.
  • It's almost time for holiday clothes & music & lights & etc: November is just one big ramp up to the holidays -- what's not to love about that?! (I'm talking to YOU, darn poets.) Time to haul out and deck yourself with dark blues and piney greens, charcoal grays, plaid, sequins, gold, jingle bells... I love this time of year. I'm a Christmas music purist (if it's July and you're hauling out Bing Crosby, we will have words), but if it's the day after Thanksgiving, bring it on. November ushers in the sparkly Christmas season and is therefore full of cheer.
  • Thanksgiving: Turkey. Cranberries. Potatoes. Pie. Let their powers combine! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (sorry, Christmas...). There's nothing quite like the happy, house-warming combination of the Macy's parade, smelling turkey all day long, watching football while your pants button almost bursts, and then eating pie... Oh, and speaking of pants buttons bursting...
  • Welcome, second trimester: Baby 2 will be joining us mid-May next year, and we are quite happy. To be honest, a lot of that happiness currently has to do with the fact that I'm hoping the morning sickness will finally begin to subside for good and I'll be on track to actually enjoy Thanksgiving dinner. Woo woo. Priorities, I know. And for the record, my jeans are still buttoning -- so far so good.

And another random favorite that wouldn't fit well into my photo collage: November, the song: We're fans of Parks & Recreation over here, so this song makes me smile.
Happy November, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. yay friend! it's the first i'm hearing about your news -- SO happy!! hope this holiday season gives us an excuse to see e/o again - we are practically family after all, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes! Maybe we'll run into each other at some point :D

      Delete
  2. November is just the best...but I think May might win you over. :-) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete