Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

(via CrushCuldeSac)
Hope your holiday season starts all magically and whatnot, and with lots of turkey (or Chinese food, or turducken, or maybe even cereal, which is cool if that's your thing).

We're looking forward to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and eating dinner with my family tomorrow. Today, however, was food prep day at my mom's. I was in charge of making the sweet potatoes, like I have been every year for the past... 10 years. You'd think by now I'd be pretty confident estimating how much we need for our extended family, but I'm always a little on edge till the pan is filled with mashed orangey goodness and the marshmallows are sprinkled on top.

Happy ending; this year I made enough. Not so happy ending: Libby tried to cook her lunch -- a freaking piece of fish -- at the same time as the pumpkin pies. I had a little fit, for the love of all that is sacred about Thanksgiving: here's hoping they don't taste like a harbor restaurant.

Mishaps aside... from all of us here at The 29th (haha)... happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment